We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Help!!!

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anantara Help!!!

Hi all,

We are planning our Honeymoon to Anatara Maldives March 2007. This will be our first time there, our main concern is Anantara is not to far from the Airport. Does this mean that the planes are visible and there is lots of noise pollution?

Thanks HK

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Anantara Help!!!

I did call the resort directly and they confirmed that they have changed the resort's rates for the week of christmas. What a way to honour bookings!

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Anantara Help!!!

I did call the resort directly and they confirmed that they have changed the resort's rates for the week of christmas. What a way to honour bookings!

United States
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anantara Help!!!

I'm confused! They are changing their rates FOR the week of christmas or STARTING the week of Christmas. I thought you weren't going until Mar 07 so I'm assuming you mean they are changing their rates starting the week of christmas?

cqt
Southern California
Level Contributor
269 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Hi, Lalitjina,

When did you book?

I started the research and booking process in August for a stay the week before X'mas. I was told by the travel agents and the hotel that starting Dec 20th, the rates go up. The high rates apply at least through the New Year's Day...I didn't check whether it would stay this way throughout January. I was told that January onwards is their high season in the Maldives. This apparently is consistent with all hotels - I know that it's consistent with the Hilton because I did check there, too.

So, for my stay of 1 week, we are paying two different rates for the room, plus full-board.

I wonder whether the hotel upped the rates at a certain point or the travel agent was remiss in mentioning the rate change. Depending on where the change happened, maybe that party is willing to do something for you...

United States
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Ok well I really am confused now. Think we are talking about two totally different things here. There is always going to be a rate adjustment around Christmas at every resort I know of in the Maldives. There will also be a rate adjustment in Jan (downward from the Christmas New Years rates which are usually the highest) and that rate will usually last through the end of Mar or early April (because of European school breaks) when the Low season rates kick in.

tenerife spain
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anantara Help!!!

What a mess, new wine-prices( ok everone can change their prices for their products,),changing fullboard for halfboard ,staff not knowing where the housereef is etc.etc.

Next will be higher prices for the a-la-carte menu and perhaps you will only be able to eat one or two items if you have halfboard,or perhaps only eat at one restaurant and not in all.

This place does not seem serious to me.After hearing all this I changed by booking for next january to another resort.Last year I had a lot of problems in Dominican Republic in a new resort,staff was totally untrained and did not know whether they were coming or going,so I do not want this to happen again

United States
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Look folks ... far be it from me to be defending the good people at Anantara.

I must admit that the post about the house reef belongs in the Trip Advisor Hall of Fame (for those who didn't see it somebody who was AT the resort was posting on HERE asking for someone to give them directions to the "house reef" because the staff ON Anantara was a little "vague" as to its location and it was going to cost $50. for a boat ride to get there).

Just to be absolutely clear there is NO house reef folks (at least in the sense of a reef that is with 15 meters of the shoreline on the island). There wasn't a house reef back when the Island was called Dhigufinolhu . Thats why those people use to give you a FREE boat ride out to where the reef was if you wanted to go snorkel. They didn't charge you $25 a person for the privilege.

BUT! This is a NEW island people. The folks who are there right now are only paying "introductory rates" because the place was not complete yet. We knew that the rates were going to be increased. Or at least you should have if your were paying attention.

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Sorry to confuse you folks.

1. I booked a week ago and received confirmation from my travel agent for the full board package

2. On friday my travel agent told me to pay more money if I wanted to maintain the fullboard status or else the package was only good for breakfast and dinner and of course 150$ pp for the christmas dinner

3. On saturday I called up the resort and confirmed that they had changed the rate.

19. Re: Anantara Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 10:24