We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuredu

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
kuredu

we have booked a beach villa on Kuredu - can anyone tell me where the best villas are situated and what numbers should I try to reserve. Thanks

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
823 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kuredu

Hiya,

Things have changed on Kuredu. Now when you book a BV it will either be one of the older round villas or one of the new "O" BV's. The older BV's are on the south side near the jetty and main restaurants. On the Sangu side the numbers are 110-100 and on the other side past the pool and beach restaurant they are 200-210. They have always been regarded as the better location because you can swim in the sea. Your restaurant will be the Koamas. If you have an O Villa you will may not be able to swim in the sea as it is very corally and rocky. However you will have beach directly outside to sit on etc and this side can be very interesting to watch sharks, fish etc. You have the added bonus of eating in the new "O" restaurant with its new bar and pool etc, which by all reports it is really lovely. I am not sure of the best O BV numbers but if you go to www,kuredu.com there is a forum which on one of the posts re "O" resort pictures someone has given out some numbers.

Its a tough one. I am there again in 6 weeks time and I am in a JBV, which has now become a waste of money. We are now going to be eating in the Koamas which I personally do not care for but many people do like. I would rather eat in the Sangu or O. So it really is worth going on the forum and checking things out. It will really boil down what is more inportant the beach and sea or eating location.

If I can help any more please let me know.

Sue

maldives
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kuredu

HI crystal

Greetings from Sandy Islands in the Sunny Maldives1

There are 20 Beach Villas in from of the island. Which is from 101 to 110 and 201 to 210. They also have new beach villas on the behind of the island which they call o beach villa there are more nice than the old beach villa. I can recommand you to stay in new beach villa. room numbers are starting from 301 to 340.

But the beach in from of the island is much nice than the behind of the island.

Enjoy your holiday in Kuredu

Best Regards,

Ahmed

kent
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kuredu

Hi

Does anyone know the numbers of the Koamas Beach Villas? Are these Beach Villas all on the Beach?

We are after upgrading but we want to be away from the Jetty but near the Bar and pool, we do not want to be Beach Bungalow side.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

SQ7

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
823 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kuredu

Hiya,

The Koamas Beach villas are as listed above 110-100

on one side of the jetty and 200-210 on the other. The Koamas Jaccuzzi Beach villas are roughly 110-150ish and 211- 250 ish.

If you have booked just a Beach Villa and you are just a couple i.e no kids you will probably be given an "O" Beach villa on the other side of the island. The Koamas BV's of recent have been kept mostly for couples with children as kids cannot go into the O restaurant. So if you want to guarentee the better side of the island you will need to book a JBV.

Hope that helps.

Sue

kent
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kuredu

Hi

We thought we were doing the right thing upgrading from a Beach Bungalow to a Beach Villa as we wanted to get away from that side of the Island and be Jetty side. We have requested this and do hope First Choice and Kuredu take notice of this request.

All we said was a Koamas Beach Villa Jetty side of the Island near the Restarant and Bar...so fingers crossed eh?

Thanks for the asdvice on room numbers etc.

SQ7

South Australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kuredu

I am going to stick with the Beach Bungalow and not upgrade. The Beach is still fine on that side,plenty of snorkelling etc and I would prefer that to hearing the seaplane roar into life at 7am every morning. And seriously, how hard is it to walk five minutes to get to the lagoon side anyway?

7. Re: kuredu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll