We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

komandoo - JBV or JWV can't decide

Which Lhaviyani Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
komandoo - JBV or JWV can't decide

OK, so here's the dilemma.

We've booked a JBV and requested the east side of island but ....can't help wondering if I will be disappointed we didn't go the extra £400 for a JWV.

I like the idea of being able to walk out straight onto the sand and having your own little bit of beach so a JBV seems ideal. Not so sure about the outside garden area and 'outside'loo experience though. On some pictures the next door villa seems quite close and so not very private!

On the other hand £400 for 5 nights upgrade seems quite a lot and will buy a lot of cocktails. Also if I upgraded and ended up on the west side overlooking the inhabited island I'd probably wish I'd stayed in a JBV. HELP I'm so confused and want to be sure one way or the other.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: komandoo - JBV or JWV can't decide

Hi

We just stayed 2 weeks on Komandoo and had booked a JBV (as the upgrade for 14 nights was very expensive) but were upgraded for free on arrival for entire period!

Anyway, good choice baout east side as much shadier and breezier. The westside is better for snorkelling, but it is a 1 or 2 minute walk across the isalnd, so no bother. The inhabited island is no bother either - see photos I osted today (may not be up yet).

If available, you can pay to upgrade to WV on arival at an extra 120UDS a night (£300).

In terms of difference between the two:

JBV (which we viewed): garden in rear hot, all teh time; did not hear of anyone using teh jacuzzi bath

WV - significantly more spacious, inside and outside - 3 double loungers; extra equipment (TV and DVD players - borrowfilms from reception or bring own); bathroom without any beasties; jacuzzi inside but next to french door/ window leading to rear so used it lots; huge terrace to rear, and of course able to swim and snorkel directly from there; and - best of all? - feels completely private (only time somoen migt lok in is if a neighbour gone snorkelling and looking back to bungalows but people seemed to respect each other's privacy

- in short WV completely fantastic, though JBV also very nice (though would not bother with JBV if BV available)

Note that some WV face east - the lower numbers - we had one, and found it too sunny in late afternoon to sit on decking / terrace but did not matter to us, we just swam / snorkelled and moved chairs to front 'porch' (at the jetty) where we sat and read; or went to sit in bar. Equally we noticed that some sunworshippers from higher numbers of WV moved their chairs to porch as they found their deck too shady!

Hope this helps!

2. Re: komandoo - JBV or JWV can't decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll