We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

Hi,

Me and my partner are hoping to travel to the Maldives for the first time next March and really like the look of both Kuredu and Vilamendhoo

Can anyone tell me which is the best? Any thoughts would be most appreciated...

Thanks

Extreme Maldives
Scuba & Snorkeling, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Maldives Originals
Points of Interest & Landmarks
England
Level Contributor
315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

Hi there,

We have been to Vilamendhoo twice last year and loved it! Not been to Kuredu but I think Kuredu is much larger than Vilamendhoo which has 150 rooms.

Vilamendhoo is very natural island, lots of greenery and a fabulous house reef for snorkelling. The food is very good and the staff extremely friendly. They even have a resident cockatiel which I always took a piece of melon to and he would sit on my shoulder.

Since we have been there, the new spa has opened. There is no pool on the island which means that people with children are not attracted to it, and there are no water villas either.

You can hire a catamaran to sail and there are regular trips organised too. Very good dive school on the island.

If you want a smaller friendly island, choose Vilamendhoo you won't be disappointed - altho I would definitely book a superior or deluxe room on the beach - the standard rooms are in the middle of the island and are dark and dingy. We have stayed on both sides of the island and enjoyed both. I would request rooms numbered 100 - 110 incl or other side from 113 to 135ish - these have the nicest beach. Some of the other rooms have little beach or have sandbags by them to prevent erosion.

We loved it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

I would choose Vilamendhoo as smaller, and more likely to get the real Maldives feeling. Kuredu a little too big for my liking, but if you like things to do on hol, Kuredu might be better.

hull
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

kuredu is a great island lots to do it is a very built up island the day we left there was 750 people on the island that was without staff.If i went back i would go to vilamendhoo for the tranqual maldives but thats just me !

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

I haven't been to Kuredu but have seen it most days on their webcam on which I monitor the weather. It looks too busy for me and I wouldn't fancy being watched by nosey people like me either! Vilamendoo was gorgeous and I am so happy that they haven't spoilt it since we were there. It depends whether you want quiet or busy(er).

Wid

cheshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

We went to Vilamendhoo at xmas 2008 and again in March this year, both times were fantastic the house reef is one of the best we have been to and we do a lot of diving too, all the diving is awesome and I would strongly recommend it. the food is OK there is always something you can eat, If you are going for a special reason i.e. wedding anniversary if you let them know in advance of what you would like they will prepare a special evening for you, we had a meal with a gazebo specially construced for us on the beach for our anniversary, it was very romantic and absolutely fantastic, you wil enjoy yourself no matter what you do.

6. Re: Keredu or Vilamendhoo? Can anyone help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll
Recent Conversations