We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Which Lhaviyani Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Have booked my hol 2 Kuredu with Thomas Cook but only just realised will be flying with monarch. Heard lots of horror stories. Can any one who has recently flown with them prepare me.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Really wish I was goin at christmas 2 get away fom all the shopping hassle.

We paid 3,400 for 2 adults 4 2 weeks in feb, how does xmas prices compare?

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hi Dianasmith

We pay full price for the kids as they have their own room so for 4 adults, 2 weeks, AI flying dreaded Monarch to Meed was just over £8k.

I spend alot of money travelling all over the world and even for me that was a big one!!

What do people think? I have been ripped off?

I searched all over the carribean and far east and all the prices were extortionate. For 2 weeks, AI in Barbados in a crappy hotel on a small crappy beach was over £8k.

I don't believe this rubbish about major discounts and offers available as all I have seen is destinations cut so keep availability up......I have never spent so much on going away as I have in 2009.

Least with the malidves I know it is paradise and is likely to be a holiday of a lifetime. I was meant to go at Xmas to lily beach 2 years ago but for personal reasons it fell through. So hopefully i will make it this time! LOL

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hi Kir321

one of the best things we did was buy a cheap portable DVD player, recorded programms weeks before going from the tv and bought some films and hey presto, entertainment sorted.

Am going away in Jan but to Srilanka, Flying Kuwait airlines nevermind the entertainment---Theres no Alcohol, lol

rumps

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hi Rmps

Ha ha no drinky poos for you!

I went to Sri lanka in April this year to the Blue Water hotel in Wadduwa. It was a fantastic holiday and very well priced. Everything abnout it was great.

If you want to know anything just let me know!

Kir321

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Thanks will do,

Going to Benatota,

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hi Kir321

We have also been to Blue Water (we got married there) fantastic and then we had our honeymoon in the Maldives.

I think you got a good deal on your holiday.

Regards T23

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hallo Kir sounds o. k price 2 me, not much diff 2 my price and at least you escape spendin extra over here on xmas which is always savin a lot. Am staying in Beach Bungalow what accommodation u got? Will look 4 ward 2 your review after xmas and some tips as well.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

By the way Rumps are you allowed to 'Bring your Own'??

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Yes as duty free from Heathrow, but that does not help as not allowed to drink it on the flight, but hey I'm asleep most of the time, I'll make up for it in resort.ho ho.

Rumps

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Flying with monarch airlines to Kuredu.

Hi Kir 321

We are on same flight as you but are doing a week on Yasawa princess and a week in Ellaidhoo! Looking on the flight as a means to an end! And you price for Xmas sounds about right.