We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komandoo questions

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Komandoo questions

I think we have finally decided on Komandoo for our holiday (the choice was Vilu Reef or Komandoo)

Before i book can anyone helps me with a couple of questions

1) Are the sea walls unsightly?

2) Will we be bored on such a small island?

3) What is the cost to upgrade there to all inclusive?

4) Are the canoes free of charge on all inclusive?

5) What's the food like?

6) Are towels provided?

Any tips/pointers for this island would be greatly appreciated as i'm finding it hard to decide!

Mentioned in this post
Komandoo Maldives Island Resort
Komandoo Maldives Island...
2,198 Reviews
Komandoo
Extreme Maldives
Scuba & Snorkeling, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Maldives Originals
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Komandoo questions

Hi answer to 2 no you won't even on a small island, you will spend about 4-6 hours a day snorkeling, day light hours are short so get up early and most go to bed about midnight.

No 6 all towells are provided for room and beach.

R

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Komandoo questions

Hi Fiona-Louise

Some of your answers.......

1) We didn't think they were, you can't really see them at high tide. There are a couple of pics on the link below where you can see the sea walls.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34977713@N06/

2) As Rumps says...never! And that's coming from someone who swore he would never go on a beach holiday...(me that is..not Rumps).

3) Sorry can't help with that one...it was all AI when we went...

4)They were when we went..

5) Fabulous....even for vegetarians....plenty of choice, and lovely themed buffets

6) All towels are provided.

Tips...beware of Silva's lethal cocktails......

go on the Britt trip if you can

Take at least your own snorkel and masks...and fins if they'll fit in your case!

If you go on the canoes....beware if you take a short cut on the corner of the island by the restaurant - especially if it's a bit choppy or you'll end up getting wet like we did :-)

Ask away if you have any more questions...

regards

Ian

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Komandoo questions

Thanks for your helpful replies

We have booked to go 7th January all inclusive!

Cant wait!

4. Re: Komandoo questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll
Recent Conversations