We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

London
Level Contributor
235 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Hi who is the best travel company to book through? I have been looking at Dream Maldives/Dreamticket.com, Destinology, Hayes & Jarvis etc? the prices are coming up the same with most of them for Komandoo. Any info back much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Hello,

We have booked with Hayes and Jarvis and Destinology to go to the Maldives. Without a doubt I would recommend booking with Destinology as their customer service is superb. Very personal service plus don't forgot to barter with them!

Hope this helps.

Clare

Chester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Hi

will agree with clare, Destinology without a doubt

we used dreamtickets last year, and the service was very good,

but this year we are going with Destinology and so far the service

has been spot on, the price was so much better, and the manner of the sales staff were very poffessional.

ive also used Hayes and Jarvis and all i can say is never again

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

We used Destinology for our first trip to the Maldives and I had no complaints whatsoever, they were great. Can't comment on the others, but it si always worth trying to get them to beat one anothers prices and see if you can get it cheaper.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Really glad you've asked the question as I have been in turmoil on who to book my honeymoon with and the cheapest are Hayes & Jarvis/Destinology.

Just nervous with Destionology as I hadnt booked before etc and am spending an awful lot of money to go to the Maldives. Glad to see their recommendations from other people!

London
Level Contributor
235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Thanks for all the info. I ended up booking through Destinology as they were the best company price wise, but I have to say, that they haven't been that good in answering questions that I have asked after booking! I really don't mean to sound negative, but its almost like once they got my booking they aren't interested in any queries that I have had, be it maybe just trivial questions! Its all part of the holiday finding out different things. When I shopped around with the prices, they were fantastic on the price but thats all. With previous holidays, I have often had several questions after booking my holiday and the travel consultants have gone out of their way to be helpful. Maybe I was just unlucky with the ones that I have dealt with at Destinology.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
717 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

Just returned, booked with dreamticket....good price, good coms and no problems whatsoever, also people on the island booked with the other two, i didnt hear of any problems

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

We went to Maldives this year after booking with Dreamticket (DreamMaldives). They provided a good service overall, but the ground handlers in Male they said to contact on arrival didn't have our details. There was a good reason for this, apparently: Dreamticket aren't paying for their services. On return I emailed Dreamticket about it and never received a response. I suspect that like many travel agents they're fine as long as you don't have a problem!

Uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

We recently returned from a holiday to Sri Lanka with Dreamticket and had numerous problems, including them not booking our accomodation for 2 nights and missing out or rishing parts of our tour! After leaving us in the lurch not knowing if we had somewhere to stay each night until the last minute and moving us to 2 separate hotels we were also downgraded in class of hotel, dreamticket are trying to call it an upgrade and have offered us £20 compensation. Do not book with Dream ticket!

Coulsdon
Level Contributor
45 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

I have to say that I have had first rate service from Destinology. My partner died suddenly earlier this year after we had booked holidays with Destinology to the Maldives and to Dubai. Their understanding and assistance was outstanding as they helped me resolve issues , change dates etc.British Airways were also excellent at that time.

In all fairness I have also had excellent service from Hayes and Jarvis in previous years.

10. Re: Who is the best one to book thru? Destinology, Dream Ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll