We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komandoo comparison

Which Lhaviyani Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Komandoo comparison

Our friends are currently in the Maldives and unfortunately for us this has brought on a case of maldivitus!! So now looking at ten days end of April. Been to Meeru, meedhupparu and vilamendhoo how does komandhoo compare and is it worth £1300 more than going to eliadhoo

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Komandoo comparison

Kuredu is a nice island ,we enjoyed it and if you enjoyed Meeru you will probably like kuredu .

Darryl

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Komandoo comparison

Is the snorkelling better on kuredu than Meeru I know it's not going to be like Vila but had read was better than Meeru! I like sealife not coral

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Komandoo comparison

Yes I would say Kuredu snorkelling is better than Meeru once you find your snorkelling spots.

Kuredu is fine, you can only go by what you can afford and the weather will still be fab and the area has good sealife .....

Komandoo is just more upmarket .......

...AG

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Komandoo comparison

Ok ,yes kuredu has a poor reef and unless you are a very good swimmer you may not even see it but as AG said you can find some good spots.

If you snorkel in the lagoon you will see small sharks / rays / plenty of fish and have a good chance of seeing a turtle ;-)

Darryl

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Komandoo comparison

Just recently returned from kuredu, it is much better than meeru for marine life. The reef is easily accessible by steps from the jetty but it is deep!

From here I saw huge shoals of fish, turtles, occasional 5ft shark, large moray eels and an octopus!

I went to komandoo twice while there and it is better, mostly because its shallow and the sun brightens things up and its closer to the shore but we accessed it by boat. If I went again I would still choose kuredu and do day trips.

Edited: 10 December 2013, 08:10
16. Re: Komandoo comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll