We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komandoo - Dress code

Which Lhaviyani Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Komandoo - Dress code

Hi, I know that this question has been asked in the past but I was wondering if someone who has recently returned could give some guidance re dress code. For example I was only planning on packing one pair of flip flops and some pretty summer dresses for the evenings? Do guests dress up or is it fairly casual? And will OH be ok with shorts every night?

Thank you Tripadvisor

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

It is casual dress. You won't need flip flops in the evening but take them in case you need them at other times.

Men are fine in tailored shorts (ie not swim shorts) in the evening. Team with a short sleeved shirt or T shirt (no vests).

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

Thank you - that is absolutely fine and exactly as I hoped.

On a different subject I did ask previously about the best side for a JBV. I was thinking about sunrise side but now Im pondering on whether the sunset side might be best. In veligandu the sea seemed choppier on the sunrise side. Any advice, as you can tell, will be most appreciated.

Thanks again.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

The sunrise side is all JBVs but there are a few on the sunset side. The sunset side faces the adjacent local island so we prefer to request the sunrise side for the better view. There is good snorkelling on both sides but we prefer the reef on the sunrise side and last nov our JBV was right near the cut through.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

i am allergic to "dress code". I am going on holiday, i am paying for it, and i can't wear what i want, but have to wear what they say? not gonna happen. lol

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

Try that in Male airport, that will go down well

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

For me Shawn its not what I can and cannot wear but making sure that I don't feel uncomfortable. Its good to get a general thought from those who have visited the island and from there you can decide for yourself.

Thanks for those who have contributed so far. Much appreciated.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
947 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

As Lyn knows we prefer the sunset side if we're not in the WV's on Komandoo. So when we stay in a JBV we opt for one of the "Shell" rooms on sunset side.

The island of Hinnavaru which you can see from that side has NEVER spoiled our stay whatsoever, and I prefer the beach on that side too (wider) so it's all about personal preferences.

The side the breeze blows on depends on the prevailing monsoon, so in low season it blows on the sunset side, and in high season it blows on the sunrise side.

Lyn was spot on with dress code.

Babs.

8. Re: Komandoo - Dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:18