We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Hello

I have been into the travel agents today to get prices for our honeymoon next yr and she recommended the Kuredu as one of her friends had been and when she priced it up for a JBV it was within our budget (our budget is £5000 for both of us this came to £3700). Im just wondering whether for our budget this is the best option? We wanted AI so we didnt have to worry about spending money too much, we were looking for somewhere with a few facilities, for 10 days including flights transfers etc. What do you think? The other place she looked at was Paradise island and spa, im just so confused they all look equally as nice for the price so i need help!!

Thanks in advance

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

hi

It really depends on what you want from an island, do you want large or small does it need to have a swimming pool, what about a house reef, spa etc while thinking on this have a look at sun island it is a big island with plenty to do, try and give us a bit more info on what you want

regards susie

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

We would like a spa and a pool, we'd like to go snorkelling, would like a few restaurants so we're not restricted and a couple of bars, like the idea of beach villa with jacuzzi, would like a water bungalow but realise that this would be above our budget. Not sure about the size of the island, as we've never been just happy to be going really so not sure what to expect but having read some of the reviews on Kuredu its just made me think again, but i suppose you cant please everyone and the majority of reviews are good.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

As Susie says,

also look at Sun island and another could be Meeru.The latter being better for your wants / needs.

Rumps

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Hi

We booked our honeymoon on Kuredu for next May and cant wait. As this was our first visit to the Maildives we opted for a larger island which has a little more activities to offer and Kuredu sounded perfect.

We too have booked a JBV and are planning on up-grading to the AI gold package once there!

Im sur which ever island you choose you will have an amazing time.

Jason

London
Level Contributor
436 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Hi, just wanted to add a few tips. I went to Kuredu last year. Dont worry about the over water bungalow we had one and to be honest would rather have had a beach villa, dont bother with AI gold - you need to drink a SERIOUS amount of booze to make it worthwhile!!

I loved Kuredu and specifically chose it because my partner gets bored easily - there is plenty to do and 5 restaurants - but you still get that feeling of being in paradise inthe middle of nowhere....

Any questions feel free to ask...

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Thanks for all your advice and tips. I was looking at the gold AI because of the spa treatment and i love cocktails sat on the beach! Plus i thought the convenience of the mini bar would be good? I will re consider though i suppose it is a lot more to pay!

Zambia
Level Contributor
14 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Hi

We have also booked Kuredu for our honeymoon this year in Feb. We also went for the gold AI I think it is worth the extra money as you get the spa treatment the cocktails a meal at Francos and the mini bar. A few people were saying their rooms were quite far from the bars and you could not take the drinks out anyway and when they use the mini bar it was very expensive so I think its worth it for the convenience factor.

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

Can i ask anyone thats been is the best spot fot jbv the sangu for nice beach and nice accomadation? thats the impression ive got from researching? Also who did/are you flying with our quote is from cosmos and flying with monarch anybody know what they're like?

9. Re: Honeymoon at Kuredu or somewhere else??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Kanuhura
Recent Conversations