We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
monarch

Hi i wondered if anyone could help I am flying on 7th July to Chayaa Lagoon i booked with TC and have just been informed that the flight has now been changed that we are now being diverted to Manchester from Gatwick as the plane is only half fall from Gatwick has this happened to anyone else if so do i have any rights where this is concerned as i booked the holiday on the understanding that it was a direct flight i am now considering cancelling the holiday. Help please

U.K.
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch

We had this arrangement but knew about it before we booked and it wasn't as bad as you might think.

If it is the same as what we did, it is far worse for the Manchester folk as London boards first and gets the best seats and on the return trip London is first off and the Manchester passengers have to wait longer to get home.

Also Hakura is a great island so why not try to get some money back for the inconvenience and then go for it.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch

Hi Glitter08

I see that it is a Monday flight that you have, and as far as i am aware all Monarch Monday flights go from Gatwick via Manchester, or sometimes from Manchester via Gatwick.

We travelled with them this year and it was via Manchester, we sort of live in the middle of Gatwick and Manchester and that is why we chose to get on at Manchester.

Glenys

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch

Padi, when we went with them in Feb this year, the return flight landed at Manchester first, so it was the Gatwick people that were stuck on the plane again. So they had the wait on the plane both ways.

Glenys

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch

hi glitter,

we fly this monday 21st from gatwick via manchester. we to thought this was a direct flight from gatwick. after phoning thomas cook they said there was nothing they could do as my departure and destination airport remained the same, and our flight arrival time hadnt changed, sorry but it seems that you just have to accept this. i dont think you would get anything back that you have paid if you cancel for this reason, we are flying direct to gatwick on the way back though.

andrea

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch

Thankyou for your quick responses just a bit disappointed as we was going to book with virgin but reconsidered as it was 'nt a direct flight

U.K.
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch

Glenys......I didn't realise that they did it both ways. On our return trip I was REALLY ready to get off the plane and felt sorry for the people who had to stay on for the final jump.

Sorry to mislead Original Poster.

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch

They have informed us that it is both ways and can't understand how flight times hav'nt changed as this obviously will ad extra time onto the journey.

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch

Sorry to keep going on but surely i have got some roghts as i booked the holiday on the understanding that it was a direct flight.

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch

they brought our departure time forward so arrival time is the same at male, but we have tickets and we are going direct to gatwick on way back, or at the moment we are it does say subject to change!!!!!

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch

you could try phoning tour operator but if anything like us you wont get anywhere. if you read small print they dont class that as a major change, because you are still leaving from gatwick and still landing at male and the time hasnt changed by any more than 12 hours and in the small print it says compensation the customer nil in these circumstances, as not classed as major change

andrea

Get answers to your questions about Meemu Atoll