We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
monarch

Hi i wondered if anyone could help I am flying on 7th July to Chayaa Lagoon i booked with TC and have just been informed that the flight has now been changed that we are now being diverted to Manchester from Gatwick as the plane is only half fall from Gatwick has this happened to anyone else if so do i have any rights where this is concerned as i booked the holiday on the understanding that it was a direct flight i am now considering cancelling the holiday. Help please

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: monarch

Andrea will you let me know how the flight was when you get back thanks all for you responses they haven't changed the flight time going but have given us 2 hours later leaving male'

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: monarch

glitter

i will let you know what happened when we get back, our flight time leaving male has been changed by 2 hours too. we arrive back 6th may

andrea

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: monarch

Andrea are you going to Chayaa Lagoon

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: monarch

no we are off to meedhupparu....cant wait

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: monarch

hope u have a great time i'm sure u will thanks for your replies

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: monarch

your welcome will post when i get back

andrea

Cornwall
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: monarch

We had the same letter arrive today, thought they had forgot us....

The thing that got me is the covering letter is dated 14th April, explaining that.....

It is part of our service to make you fully aware of any updated information regarding your arrangements made by your Tour Operator...

Yet the important information letter that explains the changes is dated 19th February.

Nearly two months......on the ball there TC, and operations need to learn to spell Monady :o

essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: monarch

Hi flying cornishman when are you going my letters are also dated the same did'nt pick up on that

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: monarch

Glitter, i would imagine the reason why your flight time hasn't changed is because the flight was, right from the beginning going to be stopping at Manchester, as i say this is actually normal for Monday Monarch flights.

TC may well not have realised this at the time of the booking, they see on their screen what you see on the screen, time of departure from Gatwick and landing time at Male, which will of course be on your invoice.

I can imagine how upset you must feel with not knowing beforehand, but at least you are going to Paradise, and once you see your island your you will forget all about your flight.

Glenys

Cornwall
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: monarch

Hi there Glitter, we fly out on the 24th June to Angaga for my 40th.

As Glenys said don't worry yourself to much about the flight, your going to the MALDIVES. This is our seventh trip and it's still the most amazing place we've visited.

Enjoy you holiday;)