We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reethi Beach - whale sharks and manta rays?

England
5 posts
Save Topic
Reethi Beach - whale sharks and manta rays?

Hi All,

Planning a trip to Reethi Beach end of October and was wondering whether it's possible to see whale sharks and mantas from there at this time of year? Is it possible to get to Hanifaru bay from there? Desperate to see whal shark so if anyone knows better resorts to base from, I'd be very grateful! :)

Thanks in advance

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reethi Beach - whale sharks and manta rays?

good chance of seeing Mantas, but Whale sharks are rare at the best of times and i think it's a little late to catch them, but good luck.

They are Fantastic beasts and seeing / diving with one for 15 minutes, will be in my memory forever, one of lifes / Natures wonders.

Rumps

Edited: 03 October 2010, 16:53
Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reethi Beach - whale sharks and manta rays?

I think you would have as good a chance from Reethi as anywhere at that time of year.

The dive centre will run snorkel trips as well as dive boat trips if there are any sightings in the area, and they do go to Hanifaru from Reethi.

The odds are against you as I'm sure you will realise - but there are quite frequent whale shark sightings in that area. We missed them unfortunately, but we were lucky enough to see Mantas..

Good luck!!

Ian

3. Re: Reethi Beach - whale sharks and manta rays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 06:42
Get answers to your questions about Meemu Atoll