We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Sheffield
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Big Bird, in one of your posts you stated the following:

For all of you still going to Meed I am sure you will have a great time, if FC do as they have said to me, all the problems WILL be sorted out on the island as the Maldives office know now of the qualms people have come back with recently.

As someone travelling with FC myself (as I expect some others reading this will be) can you be a bit more specific. Are First Choice contacting Meed telling them to get their act together as they are getting bad reviews?

I am really hopeful that this may cause the management on Meed to sort the problems out that many recent reviews have stated

Regards

J&C

P.s I have created a forum post for this rather than PM BigBird, simply to hopefully give info to future travellers like myself.

Dive Club Furaveri
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing
Sheffield
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Cheers Padi

I know you are right mate - I am normally a very positive person, but recently everything coming out of Meed has been a negative. Having said that, it will only make me all the more impressed when we get there and (hopefully) find out all the bad reports arent actually as bad as I expect.

Thanks to all of you.

Best wishes

John

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Well said Paddy! It must be so upsetting for anyone who has chosen & booked Meed & looked forward soo much to their holiday ,to now hear nothing but negatives about the island. Focus on the positives.It IS the Maldives,there is fab beaches,the ocean is the same as every other island has,the snorkelling sounds like its better than many islands.So go relax & chill,if this site did not exist( I know it has lots & lots of positives!)you would just discover what you thought of the island for yourself.Also what is awful for one person, is not necessarily so for another.

Have a wonderful holiday John & Candy.

Regards Suex

Sheffield
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Thanks Sue

Feeling much more positive now. Right, im off to waterstones to blow a small fortune on books for the beach!

Warm regards

John

xxx

York
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

just spoke to portland (fc in same group) and they were unaware of fire and fact that fc were re-directing people to meeru ?

we aware that resort was changing to half board basis from winter 08 but otherwise all fine, no overbookings and business as normal.

think we all just have to go with an open mind.

as regards meeru if you look at reviews snorkelling not half as good as meedhupparu and that's main reason we are going there so fingers crossed I guess !!

York
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

as long as there's sand on the beach, fish in the sea, cold drinks to be had etc it will be brill I am sure lol

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Don't you want a little bit of sunshine theown in????!!!!!

Suex

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Thrown ,even!

York
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

was taking that for granted !!

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

i THINK,-- IN FACT I KNOW i said it at the top of my report, AND I ALSO SAID IT AT AND BOTTOM OF MY REPORT, Meeru will be great for anyone going to the Maldives / Meed for the first time, its the same , sand --sea and sun, as the other islands, you will have a great time, enjoy.

Love the Maldives.

Rumps

Merseyside
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Big Bird's Consultation With First Choice Regarding Meed

Hi again all,

Just noticed Lovetheredsea put that FC are DIRECTING people to Meeru, unless they have told you different that is not the case with us I am afraid. When we had our doubts we looked on the FC website to see if there was anything else available for the week we booked, there was only Bandos half board and Meeru AI. We had in fact the week before got the letter FC sent out informing us of the refurb etc and asking us if we wanted to consider rebooking elsewere. This seems to be standard practice now. Holiday companies are tied into a contract with the islands owners for a certain amount of time, so if the islands have any work that comes up to be done they have to give the guests chance to rebook elsewere.

It was MYSELF that asked FC if there was any chance of changing to Meeru as we still wanted an AI holiday. As I have said I found the people I delt with at FC very very helpful.

Please don't let the fact of us changing our booking put anyone else off going to Meed, as a few have said the ocean, sand snorkeling look great and I would have loved to have seen the resident turtle there and had the long sea plane flight that is INCLUDED in the holiday price to Meed and not other islands!

We changed for reasons that were valid to us and may not have been to others. We also were in the fortunate position to have a little extra to be able to pay for the change(this is what we had intended to use to upgrade to the water bungalows for a couple of nights on Meed)

The Maldives are beautiful and I am sure John and Candy will love the holiday (will keep an eye out for your report when you return:) )

Pat

Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations