We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strikes at Bandos...

Spalding...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Strikes at Bandos...

Just heard that Bandos is on strike today, and it's set to continue...

Not sure right now what it's about though. Will keep all interested informed if I learn anymore....

Dive Club Furaveri
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing
Spalding...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

Sorry didn't realise I posted it on the Meed section...

Can't tell I'm blonde...

Latest news is that the staff are on a 24hr strike over pay and conditions.... feel really sorry for all involved, staff and guests.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

This is a link to a news bulletin about the strike:

www.minivannews.com/news_detail.php?id=6167

OD

Spalding...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

Thanks for that OD...looks like Kuramathi are having problems aswell!

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

I "spoke" to the island manager of summer island on facebook today and he confirmed that the staff were on strike and in talks with management

...susie

Spalding...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

Thanks Susie... talking via facebook to staff on Bandos, it seems it's a right mess reading between the lines...

There was/is problems in Kuramathi too other islands have an issue with employment regs just come out as well. Seems their working to rule. Not good for the tourist trade though!!

6. Re: Strikes at Bandos...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations