We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent last minute baggage panic!

Which Raa Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent last minute baggage panic!

Hi, we fly tomorrow and we are well over on our luggage, oops!!! Can any one tell me if there is a hairdryer at Meedhupparu in the beach bungalows?

Hope some one can help,

thanks

Katherine x

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

can't answer your question specifically, and it's easy for me to say as what hair I have is dry as soon as I step out the shower.....but the general consensus is forget hairdryers anyway due to the humidity.

Even my other half who won't venture out of the house unless every hair is perfectly straightened in exactly the right place doesn't bother.

Ian

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

Katherine

If all else fails, you could always see if you can buy a little travel hair dryer once you have cleared security in London. Mrs D has one and it hardly weighs anything but is surprisingly effective.

OD

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

HiFunkykat

If you're over the limit going to the Maldives just chuck at LEAST half of it out- you won't need it!

You don't want shoes only flip flops perhaps ,you most certainly don't want loads of clothes just bikinis,some sarongs and light dresses /tops for the evening. You don't need towels they are supplied.You do need lots of sun tan oil and books - there you are hand luggage only

Regards

Doug

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

We went in January 2011 & there was a hairdryer in the bathroom.

I have long hair but found it quickly dried in the lovely heat so ended up not needing it much!

We took far too many clothes so be ruthless with your packing, chances are you won't need it all.

Enjoy your holiday, Meedhupparu is amazing!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

Funkykat me and hubby are flying tomorrow from Manchester and my suitcase is over as well so looking to remove some clothing . I decided not to bring my hairdryer as the description of rooms says hairdryer, so this will do for me. But I have brought my straightners just in case...lol

Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

Thank you every one, I won't take it and better have a quick re pack! Haha!

7. Re: Urgent last minute baggage panic!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations