We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

Rhuddlan, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes

Hi there, I have read many interesting reviews and topics about Meedhupparu on this site and I am really looking forward to arriving there next week even if the weather has not brightened up! My partner is a smoker and wants a tip on where is the best place to buy cigarettes, airport before going, on the island or airport before coming back??? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynda

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

Well lets just say its best to buy them anyplace other than the resort itself. Duty free shop at the UK airport or duty free on the airplane itself is probably best. The resorts tend to charge rather high prices for cigs.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

Where are you flying from, and are going via Dubai? If so, buy the duty free from Dubai. Island ciggies are expensive ..... Male airport not too bad but def cheaper at Dubai.............

activegirl

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

Lets face it no place is as expensive as the UK for anything !!!!

Rhuddlan, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

Flying from Gatwick direct with First Choice. Looks like it will be the airport then! Thanks for the help, counting the 'sleeps' now until we are there!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes

i think that on return at Male they were around $32 for 600 not sure if that helps.anyway they were cheap mate !

Leeds, Yorkshre
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes

Does anyone know if you can smoke in the rooms on meedhupparu?

Lot-et-Garonne...
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes

Hi Cheryl

On our previous visits (admittidly to different resorts) they haven't pandered to the nicotine police, so smoking isn't usually barred in the rooms. One thing though, be sure to take an ashtray to the beach. You don't want to spoil that pristine powdery white sand or have anything wash into the sea. 21 days and counting !!

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes

Benson and hedges were $5( about £2.50 at current exchange rates) on the island so I dont think thats too much too pay however the choice is limited B & H or Malborough light!! buy duty frees to take with you is probably best!! xx

9. Re: Cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations