We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new Long Beach Hotel

South Africa
11 posts
Save Topic
The new Long Beach Hotel

My family and I (my parents, sister and brother, spouses and kids) have been to Mauritius 3 times and have stayed at Sugar Beach 2 out of the 3 times and loved it. However for our trip this year we would like to try something new. I know that the new hotel Long Beach (which is part of the same group) will be opening in April 2011. We would like to go there at the end of April but are nervous about the weather on that side of the island as well as if there will be lots of teething problems as it would have just opened. We have 8 kids with us ranging from 6 months to 14 years so we also need good baby sitters and entertainment for them. Can anyone give me insight into this hotel and the beach it has?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,495 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

I stayed there when it was Le Coco Beach. Although it has now been knocked down for the new hotel.

It had a great beach although there was a lot of coral and I enjoyed snorkling there.

The weather in April is fine for all parts of the island. It still the Mauritian summer and the weather will be hot and humid.

I assume the hotel should be at a soft opening stage and should have special offers for that period.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,015 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

Stayed at next door Belle Mare Plage and agree with Preston, its a great stretch of beach. I would go as far as to say one of the best beaches in Mauritius. The new hotel will be stunning.

Bronia

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

We are also looking to book this hotel on the 30th April. I have been intouch with the hotel and the sales office in UK who have both told me that the hotel will open 2nd April and all the facilities will be operational.

So with this info we are going to go ahead and book this! It is a small risk as there are no reviews but as it is our 3rd time to Mauritius (stayed at Belle Mare Plage which is a lovely hotel) however we want to try a different hotel just for a small change :-)

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

We are also looking to book this hotel on the 30th April. I have been intouch with the hotel and the sales office in UK who have both told me that the hotel will open 2nd April and all the facilities will be operational.

So with this info we are going to go ahead and book this! It is a small risk as there are no reviews but as it is our 3rd time to Mauritius (stayed at Belle Mare Plage which is a lovely hotel) however we want to try a different hotel just for a small change :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,495 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

I expect that you will get special deals because its new and its standard practice for new hotels to have soft openings as they deal with initial teething troubles.

If you have not got a special deal then I would seriously barter or look elsewhere.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,015 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

Yes make sure you get a good deal as its a soft opening. Expect a few teething problems as with all new hotels. Do let us know how you get on.

BTW I love the BMP too!

Bronia :)

Edited: 27 January 2011, 16:55
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

Hi we are considering the Long Beach Hotel over the Christmas holiday period and wondered if any of you did get there in April? We have 3 children ageing from 2 - 12 and would really appreciate any feedback on this hotel before we book.

Many thanks Katie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,495 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

The reviews are here and are rather positive.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298342-d2100…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,015 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

According to the Mauritian press the Longbeach just won a Sunday Times award. I would seriously consider it! Lovely beach and hotel.

Bronia :)

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The new Long Beach Hotel

passed there a few weeks ago, and the front landscaping etc is defo a work in progress, from the beach it looks a big place, tried to look in a few suites but the security guy warned me off, two people only on the beach with some of the suites still being used as stores with boxes etc.

few locals I talked to said it is supposed to be great inside, however, think I will stick with the BMP next door, as from the wonderful beach, the longbeach looks too clinical for me, as someone said., looks like a very modern place designed for practicality rather than for its looks

Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare
Recent Conversations