We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la pirogue - best price?

London, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
la pirogue - best price?

Hi

Can anyone help me to find the best price for la pirogue 1-14 june 2014? Ideally I need a single room, probably al inclusive. My niece is getting married there! Any helpful tricks tips would be appreciated...thanks

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: la pirogue - best price?

" Trailfinders I've used a few times they are an excellent company, particularly for tailor made holidays rather than a simple flight/hotel/transfer and the no charge for credit card fees is very good but I doubt they'll beat the other online agents."

Trailfinders will price match if its a legitimate lower price,they contact the hotel direct and see if that price is correct by other company.

You need the dates , name of company and price then ask!

In other words if you don't ask you won't get!

Deb

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: la pirogue - best price?

<<<<<<Trailfinders will price match if its a legitimate lower price,they contact the hotel direct and see if that price is correct by other company.

You need the dates , name of company and price then ask!

In other words if you don't ask you won't get! >>>>>

Didn't work for me ever with Mauritius. I like Trailfinders very much and I'm not criticising them, as they have done two excellent tailor-made holidays for me in the past year or so one to South America and the other to Canada and Alaska, but cheap they weren't - excellent service and value for money they were.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
2,300 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: la pirogue - best price?

There is a dilemma that for a last minute deal you can get good priced hotel rooms but then overpay on flights. The Mercury Direct late deals do include flights which suggests that they may have block booked flights. The risk is you might not get the hotel you want on a last minute deal.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,615 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: la pirogue - best price?

All major travel agents block book hotels by the season.

I assume they also block book seats on flights but no always so.

That is why they are cheaper than booking direct with the hotel.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 17:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: la pirogue - best price?

Is there any potential advantage in booking room only or half board and then upgrading to all inclusive when I get there. Do la pirogue offer discounted all inclusive when uou get to the hotel.

16. Re: la pirogue - best price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 11:35
17. Re: la pirogue - best price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:17