We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Southampton
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Hi,

My wife and I have decided on Mauritius for our honeymoon, we will be travelling on the 27th July for a 10 night stay.

We are looking for a nice beach area, hotel with a good all inclusive package so we don't have to think about drinks or food costs during our stay.

We have looked at 9 resorts and think narrowed it down to two, which are

Sugar Beach

Heritage Awali

Heritage seems to list more on the AI but reading reviews seems it's not really all that it states, SB is closer to the north where we would go for some trips.

Any more advice would be great.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,177 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Sugar beach would be my pick.

Its on the west coast, good and long strip of beach and the weather condition favour the north and west.

Southampton
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Thanks for your reply, have you stayed at SB? Cheers

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,177 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

I have not stayed at the hotel but stayed at a sister hotel (Sun resorts group) in the east coast some years ago.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,023 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

I've visited Sugar Beach a couple of years back though now and TBH I much prefer its 4* sister La Pirogue next door.

The little semi detached bungalows in the lovely gardens at LP are different to the usual block style - I thought SB was much the same as any other hotel and the rooms were on the smallish side.

I wouldnt opt for Heritage in August as the weather on the south coast is quite breezy and cool.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Weather wise Sugar Beach would be my pick as it's west as against south coast.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Sugar Beach is on the west coast near to the town of Flic en Flac. Quite easy to visit north if you wish to.

I've visited a couple of times and know someone who was married ther, they loved it. It's a nice enough hotel but I prefer the look of sister hotel La Pirogue, the facilities of which you can use while at Sugar Beach Hotel.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,023 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Maz its amazing how much time you save now with the new Terre Rouge - Verdun motorway.

It links the north with the centre, west and south without having to go via that log jam Port Louis.

We went to Trianon and Phoenix today. Its a bit steep in places but well worth it - also very scenic.

At Phoenix roundabout go towards Jumbo complex and carry on down the road and its the by pass for Flic.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

That sounds so much better than it used to be Bron. Looking forward to trying it out when we are next in Mauritius.

Southampton
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

Thank you all for your replies, we have done some research on prices, spoken to my dad who is the travel agent I prefer to book with and have decided on La Pirogue for 10 nights standard room AI, with direct flights from London Gatwick.

Thanks for the tips.

If you have any with regards to luxury private transfers that would be great, would really like to make our arrival special and relaxing.

10. Re: 27 July - 7 August Mauritius Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16