We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

We are off to the Oberoi in a couple of months but I have been told everything is very expensive. Just wondered what sort of costs to expect for lunch and drinks - water, beer,wine cocktails.

Really excited!

FC

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,388 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

A bottle of wine at the Intercontinental costs £35 and a cocktail at Trou aux Biches, another 5* costs £9.

I've visited Oberoi and its really gorgeous, but I cant tell you the price of their lunches or water, but imagine their drinks are similarly priced to the above.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

Thank you Bronia.

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

We never had lunch,as breakfast carried us all day till diner, I think that you can breakfast until quite late 11ish. I didn't find drinks any more expensive than any other 5* hotels around the world, although i did think the champagne was very expensive.

We also found that being on half board was very worth while. We also took a cab into town and stocked up on soft drinks ,wines beers and snacks to have in our villa.

You will have a fabulous time, so jealous i would go back in a heartbeat,

Regards Denise ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

Thanks Kay really looking forward to it. FC

5. Re: What sort of daily drinks and lunch budget for the Oberoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Pointe Aux Piments