We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Mauritius

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Mauritius

Hello Folks

Any ideas wht they are like ??

Are they reliable ?/ Is it spacey / roomey or is there no space to swing a cat ??

Has anyone had an experience when they have changed their flights whilst away ??

Thanks in advance

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Mauritius

Hi,

I regularly use Air Mru when traveling back to the island. They are reliable and on time, however the only dodgy experience i had was last year when i booked a direct flight with them, they called to say that they had to do a stop over in Geneva to pick up some passengers.

Despite calling the airline and complaining stating I had booked a direct flight, they stated it was within their rights, however if the flight was delayed by 4 hrs that's when they would have to offer some sort of compensation.

In economy there is the usual amount of space, however once everyone starts pulling their seats back, in order to get more room - start pulling your too!

Hope that helps.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Mauritius

Hi Dibber,

Use them frquently and no problems, although seat pitch has been reduced from over 33/34" to 31" since the introduction of their new airbus. Seats are harder and the bright colour scheme (yellow/orange) is garish and I prefer the old blue colours.

Cabin crew OK, depends on that kind of day they are having, drinks free flowing, but meals, especially breakfast are worse than their competitors.

The AVOD IFE is a step in the right direction, though doesnt touch Emirates ICE system.

I once managed to change my return date by going to Air Mauritius office in Port Louis without problems, though I note some airlines now charge a fixed £75.00 to change flights, ie. Air France and Emirates.

Perhaps the best thing is they fly direct, and you are there in 11 hours with no stopovers like Dubai or Paris. However, so do BA.

Take a look at their website:

www.airmauritius.com

Cheers,

Bronia :)

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Mauritius

This is based on experience of AM in economy from London in late July with a return trip 2 weeks later.

Seats - a bit hard, and the 31" legroom felt very tight especially given the in-flight entertainment box takes up a good 1/3 of your legroom.

Food - sorry AM, but it's pretty dreadful and I strongly suggest you take enough of what you need to eat on board.

Drinks - they arrived eventually but it took some time. They did give 2nds and 3rds if you went and asked them for them.

Staff - generally friendly and helpful, some extremely so.

Inflight entertainment - a newish system with about a dozen new-run movies and TV progs, and games and radio stations. On both legs, the movies were pretty impossible to watch as the sound or picture kept breaking up. I think I was unlucky ....

Cleanliness - loos were not restocked nor cleaned and they got pretty unsavoury by the end of the flight.

Temperature on board - horribly hot (eg above 30 degrees C) on boarding in London (after 22.00, not middle of day); and it took more than an hour to get temperatures down to reasonable levels. Rest of flight a little too stuffy but otherwise ok. Fine coming back.

Luggage on arrival in Mauritius - really quick - within 10 minutes of clearing customs. Heathrow - c45 minutes after customs.

4. Re: Air Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:35
paphos and surrey
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Mauritius

My daughter has just booked flights for Nov. and has been able to choose her seats at the time of booking. Does this work as I think I read somewhere that someone was told on check in that the seats were allocated by the computer when you checked in? Regards, Pat

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Mauritius

Hi,

We have always been able to prebook seats and without exception always got the ones we had booked. Also helps to join Kestelflyer, their frequent flyer programme.

Regards

Bronia :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Mauritius

Sorry: Kestrelflyer: My "R" is sticking again!

paphos and surrey
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Mauritius

Thank you Bronia. I have passed your advice onto my daughter,Pat

9. Re: Air Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Pointe de Flacq
Recent Conversations