We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Marrakesh to Essaouira

Glasgow
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Marrakesh to Essaouira

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will be travelling from Marrakesh to Essaouira at the end of July/start of August. We are kinda on a budget but would pay a bit extra if the bus/train was going to be too much hassle. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about the best way to travel i.e. bus/train/taxi?

Cheers,

Rossco

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Marrakesh to Essaouira

your question is really very common or usual, as you prefer ...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Marrakesh to Essaouira

No trains from Marrakech to Essaouira.

Taxi could in theory charge you 800Dh (1GBP=14.5Dh approx) or more depending on how gullible the driver thinks you look.

Bus will be 65Dh Marra to Ess one way per person.

Get bus ticket as soon as you can from the office next to rail station (Gare).

July/Aug getting into peak season so may be expensive and shortage of accommodation, unless you don't mind sleeping on the roof tops which is very cheap.

Decent Moroccan hotel could cost 360Dh with your own bathroom.

Not sure what else you want to know..........

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
3. Re: Traveling from Marrakesh to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira