We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damp

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Damp

Hi,

I love visiting Essaouira but it seems that everywhere I stay feels damp. Trying to sleep in damp beds has ruined every trip for me as I'm a light sleeper at the best of times, so just end up feeling very grumpy all the time through lack of sleep.

I know it's due to the coastal climate etc etc but how do other people get around this problem - if indeed they experience it as a problem themselves?

Is there anywhere I could stay that maybe is a little further from the sea and therefore is not damp?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Damp

Some people do pick up on even the most innoccuous of comments and request they be censored.

London, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Damp

I have stayed at the Medina Spa in June and no problem with damp - but I can well imagine riads in the town will get damp with the early morning mists - I wandered around with a jellaba on in the morning to keep out the cold damp air. So my advice is buy a warm jellaba and sleep on top of the bed covers. Venice can get damp as well - so had to sleep fully clothed - you won't totally avoid dampness in Essaouira.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Damp

Thank you for all your replies!

14. Re: Damp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira
Recent Conversations