We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Binfield, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Hello there, I am flying into Marrakesh in September at 8pm (first time in Morocco!) We need to get to Essaouira. We haven't booked any transfers as they were very expensive.

I wanted to ask the hotel to book us an taxi transfer but am unable to find contact details for the hotel. I've also just read on another site that taxis from Marrakesh won't travel to Essaouira at night? Is this correct? Can anyone confirm the best way for us to get from Marrakesh to Essaouria at night? I don't really fancy a bus. Would it be more advisable to spend a night or 2 in Marrakesh before heading to Essaouira? Thank you in advance :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

I would recommend you to stay at least a night, if not 2, in Marrakech before heading to the coast.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Hi there,

Grand taxis do travel to Essaouira at night, but is would be quite tiring to travel with another 5 persons in the same taxi, as they are collective. The best thing to do is stay in Marrakech overnight, and take a bus or a taxi to Essaouira in the morning.

Enjoy your stay!

Binfield, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Thank you for your advice. I did not realise the taxis were collective, that is useful to know.

Now to find a hotel in Marrakech!! :)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Hi,

Although the grand taxis can take up to six passengers you can pay for more than one seat thus reducing the numbers to a more comfortable level or indeed pay for the whole taxi just for your party.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

I would suggest that you stay the first night in Marrakech anyway. Your flight is due to arrive at 8pm, so it will be nearer 9pm by the time you leave the airport. If you were to take a taxi straight to Essaouira you would be arriving around midnight.

I would stay in Marrakech overnight and travel to Essaouira the next day.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Regarding post 2: I do not know of one grand taxi driver who would travel from Marrakech to Essaouira overnight unless bribed outrageously (and even then!). You can travel by grand taxi as a couple or more - they need not be collective. Please note the information at post 4. Pre-book your hotel in Marrakech before you depart the UK as September is the beginning of a high season.

7. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 10:35
Essaouira
Level Contributor
30 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Hello,

Regarding post 7 : I don't agree with the bribing. Firstly the word is misused: "Supplement" would be more correct. Secondly there are many grand taxi or tourism transport services you can book online that will get you to Essaouira at any time. I do understand that a Marrakech driver may not be overwhelmed to leave for Essaouira late in the evening but there are many Essaouira drivers that would be @ no extra charge either ! Many do the route on a daily basis to transfer visitors to & from Essaouira. google "Essaouira Taxi" and look for a company that is based in Essaouira. There are plenty !:) If you can't find any contact me privately, i can point out at least two that you can count on.

Binfield, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

Thank you for your advice. We have decided to stay in the Marakesh for the first 2 nights of our stay (Riad has now been booked). We will look to travel by taxi or bus during the daytime now to Essaouira. I am very excited & looking forward to exploring some of Morocco! :)

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Night Transfers from Marakesh to Essaouira

How much would one expect to pay in a grand taxi to Essaouria?

And do they leave at set times, or when they are full?

And how many do they hold?

Sorry, just thinking out loud, as we were going to get the bus, but this may be an option.