We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windy season

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valencia, Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Windy season

I went to Essaouira one August and nearly got blown away, it was so windy that it spoilt some of the trip for us. Is there a less windy time to go as it's much nicer to stroll around than be holding on to your hat all day!!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windy season

Not really. The winds are not seasonal and very hard to forecast. I have stayed in Essaouira many times and have experienced pleasant cooling sea breezes and salt laden driving winds. Pot luck I'm afraid.

Toronto
Level Contributor
350 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windy season

We hit beautiful weather a year ago in early May. Sunny with virtually no wind for 4 days. The locals that we talked with admitted that we should enjoy it because it was not the norm.

Ian

3. Re: Windy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira