We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

Can anyone please recommend a driver/guide that we could hire to take us from the Rui Takida Palace hotel in Agadir for a day trip? How much can we expect to pay? Any help/guidance would be very gratefully received - we will be there from the 2nd - 8th October. I do appreciate we could get there by public transport but my partner has mobility problems so a car and driver us a much better option for us. Many thanks :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same in October so if you grind out any fares please could you let me know? I would appreciate it very much. I was out there last month and used a really good taxi driver who ran us all over Agadir for next to nothing, he stopped at interesting places to tell us the history. I am thinking of waiting until I get there and going to see him, as he didn't rip us off, I had his number but left it with a friend the first time we went with him - just for security lol. JO

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,322 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

Hi,

The hotel will be able to help with a driver. You don't need a guide in Essaouira.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

We just came back (four of us) from a fabulous two week trip to fabulous Morocco. Our driver for a large part of the trip (9 days) was the inimitable, funny, charming, warm, highly informed and knowledgeable Miloud Benfadma. His car was an almost new and quite comfortable van, with all the accoutrements like AC and good speaker system. He's a terrifically safe driver as well, and has an encyclopedic knowledge of the country. Because of following his guidance and suggestions, we were able to see places we'd never heard about, but which proved both surprising and fascinating. And just as important, he introduced us to wonderful characters, and brought us to hotels, guest houses and restaurants we loved, and which we would never have known about if it were not for Miloud. You can contact him at milouddriver@gmail.com. His prices are perfectly fair and correct. He does speak English, but if you can manage French, he is more fluent in that language. Have a great time in Morocco! Anne Poirier

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

My experience is hotels all have family/friends willing to do this cheaply. Good guests get good rates. Ask around at other riads to compare prices.

5. Re: Guide/driver required for day trip from Agadir to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira