We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

Which Swakopmund hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
12 posts
733 reviews
Save Topic
Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

We plan to be there at end of Sept and wonder if water activities are good attraction - friend of mine told me that there is basically nothing to see, so its a waste of time

Appreciate help

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

The water activities at the coast are a very popular attraction, especially kayaking with seals and the seal and dolphin cruises. Fishing excursions are also extremely popular. These are all year round activities, so visiting in September wouldn't be a problem. In fact I would suggest that you pre book such activities in advance, especially kayaking as spaces are limited.

I suppose if you are not interested in marine mammals and birds etc then it wouldn't be very interesting but I can't say I have ever heard the water activities described as a waste of time or nothing to see?

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
12 posts
733 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

Thanks, really appreciated. Friend of mine took a boat trip recently and main attraction was "some drilling platform towed to SAF for repair", end of quote :-)

So I was wondering if thats really so

Thank you again

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

AndersUA-

We just did the kayaking with seals last week. Was a great trip. Absolutely fabulous to be kayaking with 200-300 seals all around you. Some play with you. We saw dolphins as well. The salt pans on the way out are neat. We also saw jackal.

That doesn't include the 15,000+ flamingos on the way out pelican point.

I would absolutely recommend it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

If you mean swimming, there is not much of that but there are boat trips

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

We took a great trip with Sun Sail Catamarans tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298358-d2…

Wished we could have fitted in a kayak trip as well, next time!

6. Re: Water activities Swkopmund/Walvis Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 13:40