We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swakopmund municipal resort

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Swakopmund municipal resort

Can anyone provide me with the contact details for bookings as I'm struggling to find it on the internet. Also in what condition is the accommodation, we're just looking for a place that is clean and has all the basic amenities. We are looking at booking a resort for 60+ people and them and Alte brucke seems to be the only resorts being able to cater for groups.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swakopmund municipal resort

If you can get in to Alte Brucke then rather do that.

I stayed at the Municipal Bungalows and the end of Jan this year. It was supposed to be for 4 nights, I checked out after 1...frankly if I had somewhere else to go I would have gone sooner.

Even though it was out of season it was incredibly noisy. Large groups of people playing loud dance music until 2am. The night staff didn't care to do anything about it and would not refund for the 3 other nights we had prepaid.

The rooms were extremely damp smelling with squashed bugs all over the place...quite vile.

Frankly if you are going to be the big group of people making a racket all night then it will be fine...but if you are going to find that kind of thing annoying I would avoid.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swakopmund municipal resort

Thank you. We've decided to go with Alte Brucke. We are a family group with alot of older people, not a lot of kids anymore, so don't think everyone will appreciate a noisy holiday (-:

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Swakopmund municipal resort

Stayed here Oct 2012 as part of an Intrepid Trip.

Our cabin was robbed by hotel staff. DO NOT leave your key with security when you go out.

Better yet, find another place to stay.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Swakopmund municipal resort

Also stayed here as part of the Intrepid trip and had our chalet broken into.. very much believe it was security staff on site..

The resort was approx 85% vacant when we were there, it was like a ghost town yet they found our chalet. The electric fence is not electrified. There are additional keys to the chalets with staff and security. When our chalet was broken into we had to prompt security to call police, they were still hesitant and said they had to do it through their radio dispatch and not the phones they were holding. Security continues to check their phones/msgs while "helping" us. We had to demand a new chalet which turned out to be worse; in the dark and right next to the non electric fence. Police eventually showed and showed even less interest, security did not assist us in determining how we make a report. The next day we had to go see the manager about another new chalet he too was not that interested.

We later found out from the activity centre in town that this had happened here before and security was believed to be involved..

It’s funny in the couple days before security had been constantly interested in us to bum free smokes..

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

5. Re: Swakopmund municipal resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:19