We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in Oman

Which Salalah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Hiking in Oman

I am interested in guided hiking in Oman, preferably small group, either French or English speaking guides/group. Can anyone help?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking in Oman

Are you looking for hiking in Salalah, or just in Oman in general? It would probably be possible to find some outdoorsy tour companies based in Muscat that arrange this kind of thing. Salalah might be more difficult.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking in Oman

When are you travelling? It's now (May) extremely hot at low levels, and within a few weeks will be too hot even at +6000 ft.

(in north Oman mountains, Salalah hills will be cooler when monsoon starts)

Edited: 05 May 2012, 15:29
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking in Oman

October, hiking in Oman in general.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking in Oman

Suggest you read my other post in Oman hiking and snorkelling.

Read Jan's website and buy the Adventure trekking in Oman book, both of which will show you what you can do in Oman.

There are a few companies which claim to do walking tours, but I have never seen a guided group out in the mountains.

Easier to provide more info if you can detail exactly what you are looking for:

Two day treks where you are carrying everything, or easy half day walks.

PS I'll be in Melbourne in August :)

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking in Oman

To Al and others. Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it looks like my travel plans have unravelled (me too, a bit), so I'll just go back to being an observer of posts rather than a participant, for the time being. Again, thanks. Pam

6. Re: Hiking in Oman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Salalah