We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling around Salalah

Which Salalah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling around Salalah

We're heading to Salalah next week. My husband is a keen snorkeler so any advice on good places from the beach or organised boat trips would be helpful

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling around Salalah

I don't know of any companies aside from those in the hotels. Extra Divers operates out of the Marriott, Subaqua out of the Hilton. Extra Divers (I believe) only runs trips out of Mirbat, but they can usually pick you up from Salalah.

I don't know much about Subaqua, but believe that they do take people to sites on the south side of the city.

My recommendation would be to explore both of their websites/facebook pages to see if either would be able to help you. Then it is worth contacting them to ask about current conditions. They usually close during the Spring and Summer because of the tides with the monsoon, but there may be some time left.

I remember some nice shallow dive sites near Mirbat, so they should also be good for snorkeling!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling around Salalah

As greasy says,subaqua have a base at the Hilton but when I enquired there the only offering they had was a 60mile trip to Mirbat to join a scuba party.

The local expats drive south beyond the port to where there are some good beaches with decent snorkeling by the headlands. If you are at the Hilton seek out the GM Nadar Halim and he will give you good advice and directions.

SS

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling around Salalah

Dear pamdownunder, did you find any snorkeling companies? I will be traveling there next weekend and would like to do some snorkeling too!!

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling around Salalah

Neeniofarabia,

R u going this coming weekend?! 28/29 of April?! Iam worried it will not be a good time to go for snorkelling. We are expecting mid-heavy rains all around the Sultanate starting from tomorrow and up to friday/Saturday. If it will not rain in some parts than it will be cloudy and the sea might be rough So if u r also thinking of driving from Dubai than plz be very careful of wadi's and do not take a risk crossing it as its dangerous.

Have a safe holiday.

5. Re: Snorkeling around Salalah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Salalah