We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zip canopy tours

Which Boquete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
zip canopy tours

Hello,

how is the zip tour in boquete offered by Boquete Tree Trek? are there any other companies that offer the tour. i've never been zip lining before, and the idea excites me. are there other places in panama that is more worth it than the tour in boquete?

appreciative of any help.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zip canopy tours

The zip line in Boquete is pretty good, well worth it I think - had a blast when I took a bunch of travel agents there. They operate in a very safe manner.

There is also a zip line in El Valle - not as long as Boquete I think...

Also there is a new line out towards Portobelo - www.theadrenalinefactory.com

Cheers,

Andrew

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zip canopy tours

The Boquete tree trek was impressive. I had never done a zipline before, and my 11 y/o daughter and I had a blast. Lots of stations, great scenery, and long slides. Plus a nice bar at the end. The ride up and down was excellent too.

Austin, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: zip canopy tours

The zip line in Boquete is awesome. Guides were wonderful and very helpful. We all wanted to do it again.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zip canopy tours

Been dying to check out the Boquete Tree Trek, have heard good things. There's definitely an option that's a lot closer to the city though. Look up Panama Outdoor Adventures. Great jungle canopy tour with a bunch of cables and even river-tubing and jungle camping. Only an hour from the center of Panama City! Just head out towards Portobelo, keep an eye out for the signs and turn at the bus stop.

hppycts
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zip canopy tours

My family went on the Boquete Tree Trek and they loved it. You can buy a CD with pictures of you ziplining. Note that there's a 170 lb limit for women, 250 lb limit for men.

Boquete
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: zip canopy tours

jcasper seems to be talking about 2 different companies. Boquete Tree Trek and Boquete Outdoor Adventure are 2 different companies offering very different tours. There is only 1 zip line in Boquete, and Boquete Tree Trek does not do white water.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zip canopy tours

jcasper is talking about a new company that has taken over the old zip line near Portobelo that never was advertised or really known about before...

I was out there this past weekend and it's a pretty good tour... 9 cables with one long one and a few really fast ones... No long hiking involved but a few short walks through the bush to get between a few of the platforms. Well trained and safe crew.

They also over river tubing as the Rio Piedra runs around the property in a big loop - we didn't do that but we did play in the river with my son and his friend. Takes about an hour to float around the curve and they told me there are a couple of rope swings where you can launch yourself into the river.

They plan on getting some kayaks and then organizing horseback riding - within the next couple of months.

There is also a traditional Embera village right across the river that is now welcoming tourist - had a long chat with the chief. They moved from the Darien about a year ago and are maintaining their traditions and culture but want to welcome tourists to their village - they are building some cabins so you will be able to overnight and really experience their way of life.

The best part about all this is that it's only 1 hour from Panama City and can easily be combined with visits to Gatun Locks, Fort San Lorenzo and/or Portobelo and Isla Grande.

It was my wife's first time on a zip line and she was blown away - did the last cable face down, flying like super woman with one of the guides braking for her...

So check it out if you are in the area.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tivoli, New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zip canopy tours

Hey,

Does anyone know how one could get to the adrenaline factory tour? Do we take the bus from the albrook terminal to sabanitas and then get a taxi from there?

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zip canopy tours

You could get a taxi from Sabanitas but it would be a bit pricey... Let me check with them to see if they do a pick up from Maria Chiquita - a small village that near to the road that leads to the zip line. That way you could change buses at Sabanitas and get off at Maria Chiquita.

It's now called Panama Outdoor Adventures - they have a Facebook page (just do a search for them).

Cheers,

Andrew

10. Re: zip canopy tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 23:22