We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Boquete

Cailfornia
5 posts
Save Topic
Lodging in Boquete

I have done lots of reading of this similar topic and have gathered some information. I just want to see if anyone else has recommendations of places to stay.

This is want I've gathered from other forums on lodging.

*La Montana yel Valle Coffee Estate (seems to be the top choice)

*Boquete Garden Inn

*Finca Lerida Ecolodge

*Valle Escondido

We are a group of 4 ladies in our mid thirties. We are looking for something that's not right in town, but near by and not too hard to get to. Something a bit more in the jungle to get that feel of being seculuded but not way out there.

We also have a budge of about $100 a night, but if the place is to die for we can be flexible.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Boquete

We loved Boquete Garden Inn - very tropical feeling with a wonderful babbling river by the garden; outside bar area. Just minutes (in a cab - very inexpensive) to town and wonderfully clean. Click on my profile to read my review. I think you would love it there - not too far out; close enough to towna and very pretty with the nature all around you there.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Boquete

It all depends on whether that's $100 per person or $100 per room...

If it's $100 per room about the only place in that budget would be Boquete Garden Inn...

Finca Lerida is at the top of the road loop about the furthest away from the town of these four. Great lodge right up against the cloud forest and a large coffee plantation.

Coffee Estate Inn is on the opposite side of the valley - certainly not walking distance from town. Super owners, very comfortable and would be a treat.

Boquete Garden Inn is also not walking distance, especially having to use the new bridge to get across the river. A great option at a good price.

Valle Escondido is close enough to walk to town - about 15 minutes max, pricey but with the most facilities of these four - spa, indoor pool, gym, tennis, outdoor pools, golf (9-holes), nice coffee shop etc.

There is also Palo Alto Riverside not quite as far up the road as Boquete Garden Inn - super rooms, great setting - in the budget if it's $100 per person.

You can get taxis around Boquete but it can be a hassle waiting when you really want/need to be somewhere.

Cheers,

Andrew

Saratoga
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Boquete

Hands down, Boquete Garden Inn is the best place in the area, and meets your citeria perfectly. You won't regret it, trust me!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Boquete

Assuming you are NOT going to Boquete to be "spa'ed" (and if you are, change destinations right now!!!!), we just returned yesterday from a week in Boquete. See my review as well if you desire. Boquete Garden Inn is the ONLY place we would ever consider staying....and we ARE going back this year. I'm sure some others are nice as well but first hand experience says why change if you have found the greatest place? The staff can help you with anything you wish to do in terms of tours. No reservations required at even the nicest restaurant. "In the jungle" is a bit over the top in description of the Boquete area and what you can find for lodging. This is not the Amazon! Have a great trip. I assume you are flying into and out of David by way of airport transfer? Further assume you will have a rental car?

Cailfornia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Boquete

Thanks so much for everyones info, I have been leaning towards Boquete Garden Inn.

Boquete
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in Boquete

Boquete Garden Inn is great; staff, rooms, and service are impeccable. Finca Lerida, although out of town, is in the rainforest. It is a coffee farm for some of it, but they boarder hundreds of acres of National Park. They have the eco-lodge and B&B rooms that are less. At night you can hear the wildlife in the park. Probably the most remote, but still only 15 minutes from town.

7. Re: Lodging in Boquete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 07:16