We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

I am so sad to hear that Paradise Gardens Wildlife Center has been sold . I wrote to them to see about volunteering this coming December because I enjoyed our two visits there last December so much. I received a reply tonight that there will be no need for volunteers any longer due to the sale.

I knew there were changes occurring but I am so concerned that it will be closed down now. And what will happen to all the animals and birds?

Can anyone provide some info?

Thanks.

sorrisa

Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

Paradise Garden has been for sale for a long time. It has been managed by various couples and volunteers. My understanding is that they are closed this week while the new owners get settled in. They will be opening up again with a new name: Jardin Encantado. I'm not sure why they don't want volunteers. Once they understand the incredible amount of work it takes to run the rescue, they might change their mind.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

Thank you for your reply. I knew it had been for sale when we visited last December and had the pleasure of talking with Dolly . I really hope that the new owners will continue to provide the care to all the sweet animals and birds there. the place is spectacular!

I would love to be kept posted of any news on the place if you have time or if you can give me a site to check. Their website has not been updated for a bit and I have looked in the local "papers" but there is never any news I can find.

Again- THANK YOU!

Save Reply
3. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

Hey Nancy (I'm right, right?) ;)

Paradise Gardens has been sold. It was announced on noticias that the plan was to re-open it on July 28 and rename it "Jardin Encantada". But so far, it is still closed to the public. Fingers crossed that it continues on as an animal rescue. I loved that place and it was one of our favourite outings to recommend to our guests. I will keep you posted!

Susan

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

Hey Susan, yes you are correct ;-)

Thanks for the update. I really do hope they keep it going, and open to the public would be wonderful!

I was hoping to do some mornings there when we visit you this december.

Thanks!

5. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 00:05
Edited: 14 August 2010, 00:05
Orting, Washington
Level Contributor
256 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

I am so sad to hear this news. We have been coming to Boquete for the last 3 years and always enjoy visiting. PLEASE keep providing homes to all the wonderful animals who call it home now and will need to call it home in the future.

Boquete
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

There is a new rescue under construction in Boquete. They will be a little different from the old Paradise Garden. For info on the new rescue you can go to: …typepad.com/boquete_mountain_safari_t/2010/…

They are looking for volunteers for 2011. Contact info:

…typepad.com/boquete_mountain_safari_t/2010/…

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

thanks for the most recent update. I had read about the new owners and their plans to relocate most of the animals/birds there to other locations and keep it a private residence . Very sad.

This new idea and the Howes seem to have pretty grand plans and I so wish them well. !

We will be there next week through the New Year so I am not sure if they have anything going on yet but I will try to give them a call.

Thank you !!

Boquete
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

They are not totally set up yet but do allow visitors if you call ahead.

10. Re: ?? Info on Sale of Paradise Gardens, Wildlife Center ?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 06:17