We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

Which Boquete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

Hi! We are cramming Panama City, Boquete and Bocas into 8 days, and trying to figure out how to be the most efficient. We will either fly to David, stay in Boquete, drive to Bocas, and fly back to Panama City, or the reverse... I have seen quite a few postings with recommendations for tour companies that provide transfers from Boquete to Bocas, but not as many that provide transfers from Bocas to Boquete. Looking for recommendations in both directions. Also - if I am missing anything and there are reasons that one itinerary makes more sense than the other - any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks much!

Laura

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

Your first answer of flying into David and then getting to Bocas is what works. There are very few people who want to pick someone up in Bocas and get them back to David airport. It can be done, I have someone who will do it but the costs are not cheap. You don't need a tour company to get you form Boquete to Bocas. The bus runs constantly it just makes a lot of stops. The cost is also cheaper. And there is a hostel in town that runs shuttles to Bocas. How long are you in Boquete and in Bocas? And when are you coming?

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

Thanks! We will be in Panama from Feb 27th to March 3rd. Planning to spend two nights in Boquete and 3 nights in Bocas. We'll spend the first night and the last night in Panama City due to the timing of our flights...and hopefully we can see enough of the city that way. I just heard back from the place we are planning to stay in Boquete (La Montana y el Valle Coffee Estate Inn) and they said they provide pickup from the David airport for $45 and a transfer to Bocas for $35...

Boquete, Panama
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

David airport for $45 and transfer to Bocas for $35 are good prices, much better than public transportation.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

$35 for a ride to Bocas - was that each? I would check that again. Not even the hostel in town would do it for that. I think they are closer to $65 a person. It is a 3 hour ride one way. I would be shocked if that price was real and I hope you report back so that we know. Unless it's because you are staying two nights with them? They don't mean they will drive you from Boquete to Bocas for $35? Hell I would sign up right now. That's cheaper than the best car rental I can get at $45 a day.

I do know someone who does David airport pickups for $30, each way, to or from the airport, if you are interested.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

How easy is it to get from Bocas Del Toro back to David? Can you take a bus?

Prairie Village...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

in response to #4:

I stayed at Mamallena Hostel in Boquete in February. They charged $35 per person for the shuttle to Almirante and the price included the boat ride to Bocas.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

That is exactly where we are staying in Boquete. Thank you for the tip! Much appreciated!

TS

bocas del toro...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

Taxis are $100 from Boquete to Almirante. same price the other way. Shuttles prices are in the $35 range for the same route.

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

They said there are 3 companies running shuttles from Boquete to Bocas and the price is $35 per person, which includes the water taxi ticket.

Western Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boquete to Bocas or Bocas to Boquete?

we took a taxi from David to Boquete for $25 today, but we had a Panamanian do the negotiation for us. We also bought a shuttle to Bocas for $30 which includes water taxi from Almirante.

Has the price dropped?

Edited: 21 January 2013, 03:24