We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Bocas from Panama City?

Austin, TX
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Bocas from Panama City?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Bocas next month, and are wondering if there's a bus that runs from Panama City to Bocas. Last year we took a bus from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, and enjoyed getting to know the countryside. Thanks..

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Bocas from Panama City?

I've not done it by bus (I've driven everytime), but I believe the direct buses are "red eye" express buses, so you'll miss most of the scenery. It's a long ride, 7-8 hrs to Almirante and then from Almirante a water taxi (20 min.) to Isla Colon. The scenery is spectacular, especially when crossing the continental divide from Chiriqui to Bocas. You could also rent a car, or you could take a bus to David, and then take a daytime bus to Bocas. From Panama city all buses go out from the "Gran Terminal de Transporte". You could also fly directly to Isla Colon and return by bus. It's about 600km or 400 miles.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Colon
Isla Colon
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
David
David
Chiriqui Province, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
2. Re: Bus to Bocas from Panama City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 09:20