We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bocas in October? Weather?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
39 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bocas in October? Weather?

Hi, I am interested in travelling to Bocas del Toro in early October, as I have read on several website, October is the time for dry season, how is the weather? Does it rain a lot?

I would be grateful for any tips!

Thank you,

Piotr

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

October is usually the 3rd driest month of the year - but Bocas is Bocas and it can rain any time... but that's certainly one of the better months to go.

You can look at the historical data at:

www.worldweather.org/076/c01245.htm

Cheers,

Andrew

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
39 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

Hi, I see...How does the rain look like in Bocas in October? Does it rain all the time or does it come in quick bursts and showers...What is the guarantee for sunshine? As I am only spending a week there I would like to catch some sun =)

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
887 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

Andrew already answered when he said "Bocas is Bocas." I was there late last October and we had a beautiful first day, then high winds and torrential rain for two days straight (which flooded the island I was on), then a sort of mixed day, then another sunny day. Most of the time, the rain is strong (usually in the afternoon) but brief. But, Bocas being Bocas, there are no guarantees.

panama
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

October is a great time to visit Bocas del Toro, being relatively dry and calm seas - not busy at all.

Most weather sites are inaccurate for Bocas - as Bocas is the common name for Isla Colon, in the Bocas del Toro archipelago, in the province of Bocas del Toro.

I believe that this weather site " http://www.worldweather.org/076/c01245.htm" and most sites may reflect a designated spot in the province and not the island that most people refer to as "Bocas".

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

While I couldn't say with 100% accuracy - normally weather stations are co-located with airports so I am making an assumption that the weather collected by ETESA would be done at the Bocas Airport on Isla Colon.

I looked on their site but it's not specific - have sent them an email asking for the specific locations of their weather collection stations.

Cheers,

Andrew

6. Re: Bocas in October? Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:33