We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What types of bus?

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Topic
What types of bus?

Hi all,

I'm alone going for the first time on a spanish abroad trip to bocas del toro. I am arriving to Panama City at 6:45p.m. which will be too late to fly to bocas. Any suggestions on how to catch the bus? What time do they close? Is it safe? Thanks in advance for your input.

Panama
Destination Expert
for Bocas del Toro Province
Level Contributor
294 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What types of bus?

the buses are safe you do not have to worry about this but the airco is put on high therefore take a sweater.Drive to Bocas ca. 12 hours

Buses leave from Albrok station.

Maybe you just should stay one night in Panama city and then take the early flight.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What types of bus?

Thanks so much for your advice. I think that's what I'll have to do or else it's so long.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What types of bus?

There is an express but to Almirante that leaves around 10pm if I remember right - then you would catch an early water taxi to Bocas but it is a long trip.

My suggestion: Have a fun night in Panama City - lots to do, great restaurants and clubs, then fly out the next morning (6:45 on Air Panama and 7:40 on Aeroperlas). Book your flight ahead of time online. Need to be at the airport at least 40 minutes ahead of flight time and from any city center hotel give yourself 20 minutes at that time of day.

Cheers,

Andrew

4. Re: What types of bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province