We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

After initial research I'm thinking 4 nights would be a good amount of time here. I'll be flying in from Puerto Jimenez so I thought 2 nights on Isla Colon (looking at Bahia del sol) and 2 nights in Isla Bastimentos (looking at Eclypse de Mar). Do you think there's a reason to switch hotels here? They both look good and one's a fair splurge.

What about tours? What would be at the top of the list for this amount of time? Catamaran, snorkel, kayak...just book when I get there or is there anything that is a "must do" that I should book ahead? Is "bird" island worth going to?

Thanks!

Panama
Destination Expert
for Bocas del Toro Province
Level Contributor
277 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

Eclipse del mar is a very special place. Great to stay there and very eco friendly.

Bahia del Sol is in a local neighbour hood Saigon. Here still everything goes into the water,not that nice view sometimes.As well because local people still have to understand about garbage and not to burn there plastic. The beach in front of saigon bay is as well not the nicest.

good luck

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

Thank you so much! I'm also considering Cocomo by the Sea. Would you consider that a better choice than Bahia del Sol?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

We just got back from 5 nights at Cocomo. We also looked at Bahia Del Sol. So glad we went with Cocomo. It is a wonderful place with a great staff. I am still traveling, but will post a review soon.

4. Re: In the beginning stages - 4 nights in Bocas del Toro- help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 05:18