We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel and hotel info for Bocas

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel and hotel info for Bocas

My fiance are planning a trip to Drake Bay, Costa Rica, in February. I just discovered Bocas today and I'd like to change up my itinerary to stop in Bocas for a few days. I know Nature Air flies into Bocas. Do you have any hotel recommendations? I've noticed that there's a few hotels that sit right on the water but they can be a little expensive. But I'm not ruling them out just yet. We're also curious about bus and boat travel to get to the hotels from the airport.

I'd love to hear your suggestions for a couple of first-timers to Central America.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

Just a short taxi ride (5 minutes) will take you to most of the hotels on Isla Colon which is where the airport is and most of the nightlife is in Bocas. Hotel Bocas del Toro and Tropical Suites are both nicer hotels on the water and then there is Hotel Angela, a short walk from the main drag, still on the water and not as pricey. There are also a range of hotels on Bastimentos, closer to Isla Colon that are just a five minute boat taxi ride from town.

panama
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

My favorite hotel in town is the Cocomo-on- the-sea - beautiful view & breezes. You can't beat the price, the staff, & the breakfast - all great. I have stayed there for extended periods & loved it while I was building my property on Bluff Beach.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

Can't believe I almost forgot Doug's place, Cocomo. Bluf says it best. This place really is a gem!

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

Others to consider in Bocas are Dos Palmas and Los Olas which are rite over the water, cheaper than those mentioned and are quite nice and in a quieter part of town with a great view. You mite want to look at Isla Carenero and Isla Bastimentos for a more secluded location, both having several great hotels near or over the water. As Katie said, taxi's and boat taxi's are plentiful, so be adventurous!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

If you stay in Bocas Town, then you don't need to take a boat to a hotel, you pretty much land in Bocas Town.

My first choice is always Cocomo. Douglas, Eneida, Maggie are the best. I also prefer the location. Just 2 blocks from a grocery store, 6 blocks to airport, and 5 minute walk into town.

6. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 22:35
7. Re: Travel and hotel info for Bocas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 05:24