We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Bocas to PC

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Bocas to PC

We are renting a car and plan to leave it in Almirante while in Bocas. My question is, when we return to PC, it is a LONG drive back. We will visit Boquete before Bocas, but we are looking for a place to stay between Almirante and PC that has some interest. Santiago sounds like not much. Any suggestions? It sounds like Almirante to PC is around 12 hours by road. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help!

Panama
Destination Expert
for Bocas del Toro Province
Level Contributor
272 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

now you could stop in Vulcan, very nice area and visit Finca dracula a fantastic orchid farm then next day continueto , El Valle beautiful nature and from there to PC.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check that out and see if it will work with our schedule.

Gary

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

Volcan and Cerro Punta wonderful, but they are really out of your way. You will have to drive to Chiriqui, then go West, past David, and turn North, towards Bocas. On your return to Panama, you'll backtrack to David, Chiriqui and then on to the city.

El Valle is a possibility for stopping. That's what I did the last time I drove from Bocas. It's still a long 10 hours. Doing it again, I'd stop in or aound Chitre.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything around David or just outside David on the way to PC? David to PC is "do able" in about 6-7 hours it seems.

Gary

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

David is just a large town. Not much for interesting sites.

You might consider Boca Brava or Boca Chica on the Gulf of Chiriqui. I've seen ads for a number of very nice places. There is a paved road now all the way to Boca Chica -- which means you no longer have to get out of your car to scout your way through a maze of muddy ruts in the grassy swamp on the way to Boca Chica.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

Thanks for the suggestion...Boca Chica is certainly a possibility since it seems to be about 1 1/2 hours from David, but on the way to PC. I'll check out hotels/B&B's etc.

Thanks again!

7. Re: travel from Bocas to PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province