We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bocas del toro

Boca Raton, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
bocas del toro

I really would like to pick a place to stay once I get where I'm going. Will that be a problem, the 23rd of may! should I make Resv's. Budget, middle of the road, thier's two of us for five nights, Cable T.V. & AC. Were from Boca Raton, Florida. We'll be surfing , diving & fishing. Thanks D.S.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bocas del toro

Hi there duggy duck,

My friend and I just got back from a wonderful 9 day trip to Panama and stayed in Bocas del Toro at the latter end of our trip and had a great time. I was in the same predicament but was specifically looking for a surf trip. We searched around and ended up staying at the Island Path which was the best decision ever. Stan is the owner and he provided us not only top notch accommodations but the best surfing/fishing tour ever. As an American with the biggest adventurous spirit, he moved out to Panama about five years ago, built his beautiful home himself and lives life to the fullest. He is an awesome surfer and catches humungous fish. He will take you on his boat, show you the island and cater to your personal need, providing in depth information regarding Panama and etc.. You will not regret it. Look into Island Path and book now before it gets booked.

Best,Hayana

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bocas del toro

If you don't have your heart set on a specific place, then you should be fine waiting until you arrive. My favorite place to stay is often full even during the slow season, but there are many choices.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bocas del toro

Thanks so much, that sounds like exactly hat I'm lookin for brother, How do contact him ? D.S.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bocas del toro

Please post any hotels or hostels in Bocas that are closest to ferry coming in from Alimante. Thank you.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bocas del toro

Ahvolare as soon as you arrive to bocas you will find many hotels or hostel because the ferry arrive to the 3er street which is the touristic street of bocas there you will find big kahuna hostel. hotel laguna, Hotel palma royale, hotel punta zapatilla. Limbo en the sea. hotel don chicho, hostal heike etc

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bocas del toro

Byronortego, thank you for the info. If you have stayed at any of those, which would you recommend as a clean property with a restaurant or that offers breakfast? I will also check on them on web if they have a site.

Edited: 12 April 2012, 14:37
7. Re: bocas del toro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:18