We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay???

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay???

I am confused on where I should stay. I am interested in visiting Bocas del toro next month with my husband to celebrate my 40th birthday. We want relaxation, nice beach, and a few nights of nice restaurants. We want to be able to explore the area. We are thinking of either staying in one place for the whole week or dividing up our time between two islands. I have narrowed it down to a few hotels...please help me with some advice. Red Frog Bunaglows or Casa Cayuco on Isla Bastimentos and Tesora Esondito or La Coralina.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay???

The problem with staying on the outer islands is that you're usually limited to the restaurant on site. Bocas Town has a number of nice restaurants, but they are a water taxi ride away. That may sound okay, but there are a couple of problems. 1) It gets dark in Panama very early. It's night at 6:30pm. 2) Most water taxis do not have any lights -- not even the required running lights. While many of them will take passengers at night, it's not safe after dark and there have been fatal accidents. So, a night on the town -- or even dinner -- is not recommended if you're not staying in Bocas Town.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay???

Is La Carolina close to Bocas Town ?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay???

La Coralina is on Colon Island, the same island as Bocas Town. But, it's far enough out that you'll have a hard time getting a taxi (water or otherwise) in the evening hours.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay???

Were staying at Tesoro. You think it will be hard to get a taxi back if we go in townat night? Or maybe just after a certain hour? Also can u walk from tesoro to la coralina?

5. Re: Where should I stay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province