We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental home

Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental home

Hi- does anyone have a suggestion for a rental house for the second week of September. Need at least 2 bedrooms/2baths -preferably 2 floors -need air conditioning on first floor bedroom. Must be on or very close to beach. Thanks for any suggestions!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental home

I'm sure there are quite a few houses that would meet that criteria. I would check into the Big Creek area. It's far enough from town to feel quite secluded, yet near enough (10 min cab ride) to town to make tours and food shopping do-able. Check vrbo.com for specifics.

On a side note, many of the rentals I have stayed at were 2 story, but the first floor is used for utilities and storage, rarely as a bedroom. Also, I didn't find too many that had a/c. Most just have ceiling fans that kept you adequately cool. That's not to say there aren't a/c rentals, it's just not too common. We stayed at Casa Mono this past December and recommend it. good luck.

colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental home

I'm staying at Gundula and Dave Hofer's house the first week in September. They have been so communicative and kind but the house is pretty far out from Bocas Town although there is a bus that runs out that way several times a day.

http://www.vrbo.com/193291

Overland Park...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental home

Misterb00- My fiance and I are traveling to Bocas for 3 nights during our honeymoon in October and I have been trying to decide on a place to stay. I saw your mention of Casa Mono and looked it up. It appears that they rent rooms as a bed and breakfast as well as renting out the house. Did you notice sound traveling very much in the house? If we rent one of the ground floor rooms, I would prefer to not be able to hear everything going on in the main rooms and upstairs. How is Paunch Beach beach in front of the house? Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental home

When I stayed at Casa Mono the main house was rented as a single entity. There were the "casitas" on the property that were single units for rental. If you were staying in the main house, then yes there would be some sound traveling from room to room as they are interconnected. When I stayed I didn't hear the other houses on property, but some of our (very sound sensitive) group did. Please IM me if you want more detail.

Panama
Level Contributor
111 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rental home

Check out TripAdvisors Vacation Rental Site. There are listing of rentals all over Isla Colon. There are some great selections! If you want AC you will have to stay on the Grid!

6. Re: Vacation rental home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:17