We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

Evergreen, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

We just got back from 4 nights at a vrbo on Careneros Island, just across from Bocas town, and we were sorely disappointed with the nightly throbbing of the disco-like base beat that permeates the whole area from the waters-edge bars in Bocas and the Aqua Lounge on Careneros. The beautiful, tranquil beauty of the area goes out the window at night with this incessant and in escapable throbbing, until the wee hours of the a.m.. I will never stay in or near Bocas town again and advise anyone to be sure that if you do stay in the archipelago, you ensure your hotel is on the side of the island that faces away from Bocas town. Sound travels well over water and only a great land mass will mask the noise permeating from Bocas town EVERY NIGHT and ALL DAY SATURDAY.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

This is why I stay at Lula's B&B, a ten-minute walk from the main drag.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

Yep this has been addressed. Little research and you can stay in/near Bocas Town without this problem. Love Lula's but we stay accross the street at Cocomo.

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

Yep, in town there are only a quite few solid constructions to completely avoid the noise, such as Tropical Suites, Hotelito del Mar, Tungara Hostel... otherwise, out of town =).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

This is Bocas and if it's not discos it's chickens, radios, kids etc etc. There are plenty of places in town that don't get noise from the discos. I just stayed athe the cheapest place possible over the water and did not hear anything. But really, even the jungle is loud.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

I totally understand Barb. I don't mind loud music, but that boom boom boom

base you speak of can be challenging. It seems even with ear plugs, one can still "feel" the base.. Don't let that dissuade you from coming again to Bocas, as you have lots of advice now where to stay that would serve you better.

6. Re: What of the obnoxious, nightly disco beat in Bocas/surrounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:43