We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Bocas from Panama

Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Bocas from Panama

i'm travelling to Panama during Christmas 2012 and i'm looking for a flight to Bocas del Toro. I know from research that there is now only one airline that flys there "Air Panama" that is supposed to have daily flights.... however when i go on to their website http://flyairpanama.com/ it does not allow me to book flights - does anyone know if the flights to Bocas operate during the Xmas period and that's why i can't book a flight or is there another way to get to Bocas during this time frame? I've emailed Air Panama twice and i've received no response so not sure if the airline is still in operation.....if anyone can enlighten me that would be great.

Thanks,

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

Unfortunately AirPanama rarely (to not say never) answer emails.

They are open.

They usually only open bookings 3 - 4 months before any specific date... so that's why you can't book your ticket.

Try again in September or October... crazy ah?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

Air Panama's website only allows you to book flights a maximum of 60 days in advance.

If you have made arrangements for lodging in Bocas del Toro you might try contacting the hotel/B&B to see if they are able and willing to purchase a ticket for you.

bocas del toro...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

Presently there are only two flights a day (early am & around 4-5 pm) in each direction - although additional flights are being added, due to demand. Air Panama's new website will be operating within the next month or so. It will allow you to book many months in advance - the staff are presently training on the site. They have a terrible response time to requests. Do not worry about booking your trip to Panama. You will be able to buy tickets online by early September

nyc
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

out of curiousity, how large/small are the planes from PC to Bocas?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

To and from Bocas, Air Panama flies the SAAB 340B (34 passengers) and the Fokker 50 (50 passengers). Both are twin turbo props.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

I am presently researching a trip to Bocas for Feb 2013 and I have also had the same frustrating experience and zero reply from Air Panama.

I now understand that I will have to wait until later in the year to book tickets but can anyone give me an idea of the price of a return ticket..... PAC - BOC?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
4 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

I heard that Air Panama is now flying from Tocumen International Aiport to Bocas but it is not showing on their web site. Does anyone know the schedule of the flights and how to book them?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

One way was around $100. $80 plus fees.

panama
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

The price today is $80 p/p plus taxes & gas surcharges = +/- $115 p/p each way or $230 return.

The flights from Tocumen are presently not offerred to the general public. They are for tour operators from South America.

10. Re: Flights to Bocas from Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province