We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

Hobart, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

My son and I love adventure. We traveled to Costa Rica last year and felt safe doing it alone. We plan to return to Costa Rica this year and were thinking of traveling from Cahuita to Bocas to Bocas Del Toro for about 2 weeks. We like the look of being over the water and near the beach so we were thinking of staying at Koko resort.. I keep reading of the neighborhood that Koko Resort is in and I'm wondering if we will feel safe. Will we feel safe walking from Koko to the main town? Is crime a concern in Bocas Del Toro in general?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

About the same as Costa Rica, you should be fine.

Panama
Destination Expert
for Bocas del Toro Province
Level Contributor
290 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

you will be fine and your son will love Koko resort , lots of fun for children.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

The owners Jack and Lee are awesome. Expats from Ohio. We stayed at their other property right next door to Koko during Feria del Mar. It is a good 15 minute walk from their place to the center of town but it's right on the water and we had a wonderful time.

Make sure to take the shuttle through Colon to Drago Beach. Walk around to Starfish beach. Amazing. We leave for Bocas tomorrow for a quick three day trip.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
793 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

I agree with everyone above. We stayed here recently with our kids and felt very safe. Taxis are really inexpensive, if you are in town very late (unlikely with a 10 yr old) you can always take a cab back.

Hobart, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

Thank you everyone! I booked my flight today and will contact Koko Resort right now! So excited!

6. Re: Traveling alone with a 10 year old. Koko Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province