We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Monza, Italia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Hi all,

we are looking for a night bus that could lead us from Bocas del Toro in Panama City on the night of Saturday 17th August (arrive in PC in the morning of Sunday 08th August).

Are there any bus leaving in the evening / night from Almirante to Panama City (direct or via David)? What time does it leave from Almirante and when should we leave Bocas?

We would like to stay in Bocas until Saturday afternoon, having the time to take the water taxi to Almirante and "catch up" one day while traveling at night, but can not find any info in internet.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion,

Andrea & Annalisa

P.S. We know about airplanes, but we want to save some money if possible!

108 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Very easy. Once you are in Bocas you can buy tickets at either Taxi 25 or at Bocas Marine which is are both water taxi companies. August is low season so you should not have a problem getting a seat but if you are worried ask at the ticket window a couple of days before. The price is around 33 dollars and that includes water taxi to the mainland.

Monza, Italia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Thank you very much for the reply.

Do you know if a night bus is available? We want to travel by night to gain a full day in Panama City.

I searched in Internet, but I only found a bus leaving in the morning from Almirante to Panama City.

Is it possible to book by e-mail or internet site?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

There is a morning direct bus and a night direct bus. No you cannot reserve by internet. It leaves Almirante at 8 I think which means you have to take the last water taxi at 6.

If for some crazy reason the direct bus is sold out (you can buy ahead of time) you can take a bus to David and then another bus from David to Panama City.

Monza, Italia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Feedback on the matter.

Thanks to Geojack, he was absolutely right on everything apart that the night bus from Almirante leaves at 7 p.m., so we got the water taxi at 5.

We booked the ticket at at Bocas Marine a couple of day before and payed 35 dollars (water taxi to the mainland + taxi to bus station + bus Almirante to Panama City).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Glad I could help. I have not taken the night bus in awhile because I like to see when it goes over the mountains. I hope you weren't too cold, I forgot to mention that the night bus can be freezing sometimes.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Glad I could help. I have not taken the night bus in awhile because I like to see when it goes over the mountains. I hope you weren't too cold, I forgot to mention that the night bus can be freezing sometimes.

Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Hi guys, a question - how long does this bus ride take and what kind of bus is it? Does it have bathroom or you do a stop on the way?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

10 hours and it is a nice touring bus. It does have a bathroom but you are only supposed to go number 1. It has 3 stops along the way.

Auckland
Level Contributor
50 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Hi guys - I'm reading the Panama bus schedule and can't find a bus that leave Almirante for Panama City after 3pm getting into Panama around 1am? Is this right? Have they stopped the night buses does anyone know? Any help would be great as I might be looking at the wrong website.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21,101 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August

Which website are you looking at ?

But I don't think there is a site that is 100% comprehensive.

Reply to: Night Bus from Bocas del Toro to Panama City - 17th August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province