We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

Woodacre, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

My my boyfriend and I are going to be traveling from California, to Guanajuato (Mexico) and then to Bocas del Toro, Panama (after seeing the Canal). I am a bit worried, because we do not have a large scale at home to weigh our luggage and I've heard that there is a weight limit on the small planes that take you to Bocas.

Has anyone traveled there recently with a large, overweight bag? Will they leave my luggage behind if it exceeds the weight limit? Doing my best to pack light for this trip....

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

I think you meant to post this in the Bocas del Toro forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g298425-i5242-Bocas…

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

Hi Hunnybunni,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Bocas del Toro forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

On our last two trips to and from Bocas on Air Panama, my wife and I had two dive bags that were almost 20 lbs. over the 30 lb. limit. On the last trip, we were charged a few dollars more -- nothing close to what Delta charges for overweight. On the previous trip, we were only charged a few dollars at Albrook. In Bocas, they didn't charge us for the excess weight.

Also, be prepared with your carry-ons, too. They're serious when they say only 7 lbs and nothing larger than a purse. I usually hand carry our regulators. On the last trip to and from Bocas, they made me repack the regs in the checked baggage. The overhead storage in the planes is very small and narrow. That's why they are so strict about carry-on luggage.

5. Re: Traveled to Bocas del Toro With More Than 30lbs of Luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Bocas del Toro Province