We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Which Colon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Everglades
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Arriving in Colon mid Dec aboard cruise ship. Has anyone transited from the Colon pier to PC (Albrooke Airport).

Are there any schuttles that are recommended?

Thks

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Unless the cruise line puts one on, there are no regular shuttles between the Colon cruise docks and Albrook Airport. You will probably have to taxi - try to share so as to reduce costs.

Depending on timing another option might be the train - departs Colon at 5:15pm Monday to Friday except holidays.

Cheers,

Andrew

Everglades
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Tks Andrew,

The cruise line has a $40 transfer to PCY. That may be my option;- then take a taxi from PCY to Albrook. I will also look for a couple of fellow paxs who may be catching a flt from Albrook.

Brgds,

Raregator

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Check the route of the transfer from Colon to PTY (I am assuming that's what you meant - the code for Panama's International Airport)... If they go through the city (which they may or may not) then you could get dropped off closer to Albrook than the International Airport.

Cheers,

Andrew

Everglades
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

Tks again. You were reading my mind. Brgds Raregator

5. Re: bus/shuttle/taxi service Colon-Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:21